THE ANTI-DUMPING AND SUBSIDIES COMMISSION invites applicants for the vacant post of GENERAL MANAGER.
The Commission is a small but critical agency within the International Trade infrastructure of the Government of Jamaica responsible for investigation, adjudication, research, industry training and public education on International Trade Remedies (antidumping, subsidies and safeguards).
The GENERAL MANAGER is a vital member of the multi-disciplinary technical and leadership team who reports to the Executive Director and Board of Commissioners. Subject to Government of Jamaica Guidelines, the General Manager is responsible for:
- Analysis of Business Operations and Trade Impact under World Trade Organisation Agreements;
- Case Management of Investigations and Related Processes, Correspondence and Reports;
- Management of Administrative, Financial, Procurement, Documents and Information Technology systems, processes and suppliers;
- Management of Human Resources, Compensation and Benefits;
- Preparation of Reports including Planning, Financial, Annual Reports
The ideal candidate is a diligent, versatile, talented hands-on manager with broad-based competencies, excellent organizational and analytical ability and a track-record of success in the management of teams and processes. The right candidate is detail-oriented, thrives on challenge and is eager to learn in the dynamic environment of international trade, modern government and growth-oriented private sector.
Eligible candidates have:
- An MBA or Master’s Degree with concentration in Human Resource Management and/or Accounting or comparable qualifications from a reputable institution;
- Training and experience in Project Management or Case Management;
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, team-building, verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work strategically and deliver through a team on deadlines;
- Experience with oversight of IT systems technicians; and document management.
- Knowledge of Government of Jamaica Circulars, Guidelines and Staff Orders;
- Ability to lead and collaborate effectively in developing Public Sector Corporate Planning Tools;
- Demonstrated interest in International Trade/World Trade Organisation, a distinct asset.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a similar position.
Applications from well-qualified candidates should be submitted on or before Monday May 24, 2016 by bearer, mail, fax or email to:
THE ANTI-DUMPING AND SUBSIDIES COMMISSION
The JAMPRO Trade and Investment Building
18 Trafalgar Road,
Attention: The Executive Director
Telephone: 978-1800 or 927-8665 | Facsimile: 978-1093
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Visit our website: www.jadsc.gov.jm
We thank all respondents for your interest. We will be in contact with short-listed candidates only.