FORENSIC FINANCIAL ANALYST/FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
REPORTING TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Serve as a critical member of team of technical analysts; conduct analyses of financial and management accounting information submitted by and about industry under the Customs Duties (Dumping and Subsidies) Act (CDDSA) 1999 and Safeguard Act 2003 in order to determine practices within an industry, dumping and subsidy margins and whether there has been material or serious injury or the threat thereof, and;
- Provide financial management for the Commission ensuring proper accounting records, budgets, internal controls and timely reporting is in accordance with sound accounting principles and practices and the requirements of the Government of Jamaica.
- Review and analyse documentary evidence, reconstruct the history of financial transactions in order to determine if information submitted to the Commission during an investigation is adequate and accurate;
- Conduct accounting verification at the premises of stakeholders in Jamaica and abroad;
- Present the Commission’s functions and analytical methods at workshops, seminars and other fora to educate the general public on the work of the Commission;
- Plan and organize major research studies to evaluate industry practices and policies, market structures, and performance of industries;
- Financial management for the Commission;
- Prepare written memoranda and reports on investigations and explain financial information.
The ideal candidate would be a Chartered Accountant with experience gained in the manufacturing industry and also as an auditor.
Eligible candidates would also be persons with:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting; or
- First Degree in Accounting and pursuing the ACCA Professional Qualification or equivalent;
- Not less than three years accounting management experience;
- Knowledge of Government of Jamaica Accounting.
The candidate we wish to see is energetic, versatile, a creative problem-solver, communicates effectively and well able to quickly navigate the steep learning curve in the dynamic environment of international trade, modern government and a growth-oriented private sector. Excellent interpersonal and team skills are distinct assets.
Applications from outstanding candidates submitted by Tuesday, April 7, 2015, will be accepted by bearer, mail, fax or email sent to:
ANTI-DUMPING AND SUBSIDIES COMMISSION
18 Trafalgar Road, Kingston 10
Attention: THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Telephone: 978-1800 or 927-8665
Visit our website: www.jadsc.gov.jm